Pages

It all started here...

It all started here...

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Two Days at Sea on Jade

Sea Day 1 -- March 4, 2015

After the five intensive port days, we were looking forward to having a bit of relaxation on the ship so we could enjoy the amenities and activities on board the Jade. Both MOR and ChC were under the weather and they really needed to rest up. The cooler weather and the rain in the last few days made it harder for them to get well. A few people that we talked to also caught the whatever bug that was around. So, the next couple of days would be a welcomed change, at least we would stay dry on board if nothing else!

While the guys were still sleeping, I woke up early and went out to the balcony to wait for the sunrise.

Stunning!

How can anyone not admire God creation!

I couldn't help but hummed the hymn, "How Great Thou Art", all morning long.




After breakfast, as the guys continued resting, I went to Spinnaker to watch the Dance Fitness Class. Looked like they were having a lot of fun! After the dance class, I stayed for the trivia game but all of us were having a lot of problems understanding the crew member who was hosting the game so I left and went to the Library for the Sudoku Challenge. Didn't win though. I also found a Rick Steve's book on Naples but it was closing time and I couldn't check out a reference book. I will have to come back later.

Next stop, the Magnum on Deck 6 for the Card Making Session. It was kind of neat that they gave out a card making kit to each attendee with cards, stickers, glitters, etc. inside to create cards of their own. It was really cute and fun!



As we were making the cards, the goofy golf session was starting right next to us. Dave, Charlene, and Michael were all in it so I stayed and watched them play. Dave, the great golfer won!

Met the guys for lunch at Cagney's. I finally made up my mine and tried the chicken for the very first time, which was really good, except I did not like the polenta. 


After lunch we went to the Crew Show which was absolutely funny! We also enjoyed an afternoon tea at the Great Outdoors afterward. Just loved their scones!

Our ship sailing past the island of Kea in the afternoon.


Dinner was at the Grand Pacific again. This time I asked for Joycelyn and she had a table available. She was happy to see "Baby Boy" back.







ChC sounded worse that night while MOR got a little better. Hopefully with one more day at sea, they will all be well! Tonight we turned our clock an hour backward.


Sea Day 2 -- March 5, 2015

The sea was a little rough today so some outdoor areas were closed off for safety reasons. It was kind of cloudy also.





Only the two of us went to breakfast this morning.

Not the best sailing weather.

Fruits de Mer

After breakfast we found ChC already left the cabin so he must have been feeling better. We then went to Medusa for the the Digital Photo seminar. As we were waiting I also went next door to Jasmine to check out their sales but didn't buy anything this time. They were basically selling the same things as last cruise. 



After the photo seminar, as we were walking back to the cabin, we bumped into Dave and Maryann. They were ready for the Goofy Golf again and asked if I was interested in joining their team. I know nothing about golf but they needed a 3rd person on their team, so I joined in just for the fun of it. Well, guess who won first place? Dave IS the golfing champion!

Today would be our last time having lunch at Cagney's because tomorrow we will be in Naples and we would be in port during lunch hour. We enjoyed another great lunch with all our favorites as always.



Soup of the Day--Clam Chowder

One of our favorite wait staff in Cagney's, such a gentleman!

Food is always fresh and delicious!

Brownie and Ice Cream for dessert. I usually skip the brownie part but this time I had to have the whole thing. Soooo good!

Hostess Ioana always greeted us with her warm smiles.

After lunch, I went to the library which is always full, and waited for them to open up the bookcases so I could read more from the Rick Steve's book. We planned on just staying in town when we get to Naples the next day and I need as much information I could get. I also delivered reminders to a couple of cruisers who will be sharing transfer with us on debarkation day back to FCO.

Passing through Messina Straight around 7:30 that evening.

We had dinner at the Garden Buffet because they had Asian night that evening. It was disappointing though with most food overcooked and dried out. 
The noodle soup was the only item that saved dinner. 


How Great Thou Art
O Lord my God!
When I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made.
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder, 
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!



No comments:

Post a Comment