Pages

It all started here...

It all started here...

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Sailing Towards Phu My

Day at Sea -- November 28, 2016

Another sea day, and we were in no hurry to get up in the morning. Today we wanted to try having breakfast at the main dining room which opened between 8:00 and 9:30 and check out their breakfast menu.







The main dining was pretty quiet as we walked in and we were lead to a table just for the three of us. Very nice. The last thing I want was to have to socialize with other passengers early in the morning if we were put at a big table. We just wanted to have a relaxing time for ourselves. Servers brought the essentials like coffee, juices, and pastries as we ordered and waited for our breakfast.


Empty dining room




ChC's breakfast skillet which he said was very good.

I wanted to see how the Swedish pancake was done, so I ordered one to share. It was good, but with my sugar watch, it was just too sweet for me.

They had the Asian breakfast on the menu and this was it. Grilled salmon on rice with Japanese Egg Cake. Quite good, except the portion was a little too big.

It came with a bowl of miso soup.

After breakfast, we went to Bible Study and then port talk afterward. Then we just went our own ways and did different things before lunch.

Checking out the posted lunch menu at the main dining room.

And the Gala Night menu for dinner.


Lunch was at the Lido for us. Menard was going to bring me a special soup that he made when I went past his station but then he got busy. He handed me this big bowl of seafood soup when I went by again. How delicious. Unfortunately, I was too busy eating and forgot to take a picture of that soup;. This was the curry that they were serving that day. Very tasty!

Christmas decorations finally up. I had asked the restaurant manager if they would be putting out Christmas decorations on this sailing the night before and he said he didn't know. So happy that they decided to put them up.

Garlands at the Atrium


There were several Christmas trees around the ship.

Our cabin on deck 1. Very convenient, near the aft elevator with easy access to the dining rooms.

Christmas tree at the Atrium without lights yet.

We tried having some photos taken with the Christmas decorations before dinner but none of those turned out good. Anyway...


Pineapple Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail. I really liked HAL's shrimp cocktails. They had a variety of sauces and the shrimps were always good!

Foie Gras and Rhubarb

Thai Chicken and Forbidden Rice Soup

Steamed Alaska King Crab 

Filet Magnon and Lobster Ravioli

Boneless Lamb Loin En Croute

Coconut and Lime Soufle

Diplomat Strawberry Tart

Double Chocolate Cheesecake. No, I did not have all these, but what we ordered around the table.

It was nice coming back to the cabin to see another towel animal at the end of the day.
Tomorrow we would be in the port of Phu My.

No comments:

Post a Comment