Pages

It all started here...

It all started here...

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Chiayi and Tainan

Chiayi and Tainan -- February 11, 2016
2016 HAL Volendam Asian Adventure

A night of tossing and turning due to jet lag and we all woke up a little tired. We decided to skip breakfast since we have been invited to lunch at a farm-fresh restaurant in a nearby village. We were told that this restaurant only opens at certain hours on certain days and operated by the couple who are the owners of the property. We had to pre-order our lunch to give them a heads-up on what to prepare. 

It wouldn't be easy to get to the place without a car and we were lucky that the weather was to our advantage that morning. It was just beautiful being in the countryside on such fine day. As we were waiting for our tables, we were told to go explore the garden.


The garden next to the rice fields.


You won't find any fruits and vegetables fresher than these and we were allowed to pick whatever we liked.



Passion fruits

papaya





fresh pumpkin salad

My order--Huadell (wine) chicken, cooked two ways. I thought it would be chicken cooked in two different ways but actually it was chicken cooked in wine, then they pour soup into the pot with the leftover sauce and made a saucy hot pot with vegetables and other ingredients provided. It turned out to be quite good!

hot pot ingredients

Huadell chicken

There were only two people working at this restaurant. The wife did all the cooking and the husband did the serving which made waiting for food a little long.



ChC's apple pork ribs set

My Huadell chicken turned hot pot.

A cute little fountain inside the restaurant.

The view through the window of the restaurant.

A pond outdoor.

This place is called "Green Tiles Garden"
緑瓦庭園
台南市下營區賀建里洲子53-52號
預約電話: 0920-813-188

After lunch, I thought it would be a good time to see if I can get my hair done. Fortunately, the salon across from FIL's house was opened after the Chinese New Year holiday and they were able to take me right then. For half of what I pay for in California, I was happy to have my hair cut and permed. 
As I was getting my hair done, the weather took a sudden turn with pouring rain the rest of the afternoon and evening. After dinner at home, we were all ready for bed by 8:30 on this relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment